How Much Sleep Do They Need At This Age?
12 Months – 18 Months:
- Naps: 1-2
- Total nap sleep: 3 hours.
- Nap interval: 3 hours between naps
- Night sleep: 10-12 hours.
- Bedtime: around 8pm
- Total sleep: 12-14 hours
18 Months – 3 Years:
- Naps: 1
- Total nap sleep: 1-2 hours.
- Night sleep: 9-12 hours.
- Bedtime: around 9pm
- Total sleep: 11-13 hours
Children Sleep Routine Benefits:
- Helps children fall asleep easier with shorter amount of time in bed before sleep
- Less night wakening episodes
- Reduces sleep problems. As a matter of fact, sleep routine is considered as a treatment for sleep disorders
- Increases sleep duration.
- Children with a bedtime routine sleep for an average of more than an hour longer per night than children who never had a bedtime routine
- Decreases daytime behavior problems
- Improves maternal mood
- Improves marital satisfaction